Facebook has recently introduced a new comments feature that will improve conversations. Through threaded comments, you and your page’s readers can reply directly to comments left on your page and start conversation threads.
This means you will be able to see your reply just below the user’s comment. This feature will make interactions on the social network much easier as you don’t need to scroll the page to find the particular reply.
In addition, the most engaging and activethreads among your readers will rank higher and surface at the top. As a result, people will see the best conversations in your page. Here’s a simple tutorial on how to activate threaded comments on your Facebook page.
Allow Threaded Comments on Your Facebook Page
- Go to the Admin Panel of your Facebook page.
- Click Edit Page tab located at the top-right portion of your page. From the dropdown menu, select Edit settings. This will automatically redirect you to Manage Permissions tab found in the left sidebar of your page.
- Scroll down until you see the Replies section.
- Tick the checkbox Allow replies to comments on my page.
- Click Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- Conversations are re-arranged according to significance to viewers. Threads may emerge differently to each person based on their feedback and connections.
- A conversation ranks higher if it has high positive feedback. The positive feedback is based on the amount of replies and likes in a conversation thread. This includes the replies and likes of the pageowner.
- If a conversation has more connections to the user, it will rank higher. For instance, conversations with comments left by contacts may appear at the top.
- Conversations with negative feedback are down-ranked. The total amount of spam reports made by users and the thread owner are considered in the marking of a negative feedback. Comments made by frequent spammers are also down-ranked.
- By default, the threaded comment feature is disabled.