Working with a team is a great way to improve your productivity and even create a better environment for individual growth.
When it comes to WordPress, this is possible with adding a new user to your account.
So if you’re using WordPress and thinking to add new users to your team, then this post is for you.
The “Add New” user is a great feature of WordPress that will allow you create a team for a specific goal while still giving you the ultimate control of what’s happening in your website.
We will go through the basic steps on how to add a new user on WordPress, along with some other tips to help you effectively manage your team.
Photos are also available for you to easily follow the steps.
How to add a new user on your WordPress site
- On the left column of your WordPress Dashboard, click Users.
- Press the Add New button underneath.
- To add a new user, provide all the appropriate information needed. This includes:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Password – You will be asked to input your password twice. Your password must be at least 7 characters long. Use lower and upper cases, symbols and numbers to make it stronger. A password strength box will appear below the two password fields.
- Tick the checkbox for Send Password in order to email the password to the user.
- Indicate the role of the user. Choose whether the user is Administrator, Editor, Contributor, Author or Subscriber from the dropdown menu.
- Press Add User button. Once you have added the new user, a flash message indicating that the new user has been added will appear at the top of the screen.
Things you need to know:
- An administrator has the access to all WordPress administration features.
- An editor can publish and manage posts and pages. He or she also has the ability to manage other user’s posts.
- An author can publish and manage their own posts.
- A contributor has the ability to create and manage their own posts but they can’t publish them.
- A subscriber can only manage their profile.