Facebook conversations can be great as they symbolize intimate communications between two people. They can also be a fantastic way to organize and plan. Make the most out of the group message feature by learning how to add multiple friends to conversations.
- Starting from your homepage, move the mouse over to the left hand panel of the screen. Select “Messages” from the list of buttons including, “News feed” “Events” and “Photos”.
- Once you’ve clicked on messages, you’ll be taken to your inbox. If you’re going to add someone to an already existing Facebook group conversation, simply select the thread that you wish to add users to, and click on it.
- The conversation expands into the middle of the page, displaying all previous and current activity by all users on the conversation. From this screen, move to the top of the page, next to the “new message” button, click “actions” preceded by an asterisk-like symbol, and followed by a small magnifying glass with no words.
- A drop down menu will appear. Move your cursor down until you see the option to “Add People” which should be the sixth possible option. Click this button.
- A new box will pop up on the screen, prompting you to enter the names or emails of the individuals you’d like to add to the conversation.
- Click “Add People” for confirmation once you are finished adding someone to a group conversation. Congratulations, you’ve just added friends to a conversation! Newly added persons can now view all previous conversation activity.
Other things you need to know:
- However, if you’re creating a new, public conversation thread, this part is important for you. Select “New message” from the top of the page. An open search bar will prompt you to enter either the name (if the individual has a Facebook account) or the email address (for non-Facebook users) of the person you’d like to add first.
- If the person has a Facebook account, type letters of their name into the box. Facebook intuitively provides results pulled from your friend list that matches the names that you’re entering. Repeat this process until you’ve added all the friends you want.
Adding friends to conversations provides the opportunity to introduce and include people from different groups who might the same interests. Either by creating the conversation yourself when you have mass message to send to a large group, or by adding individuals to an already established conversation, Facebook’s group conversation tool has many uses, all of which you can now use more fully.