Twitter allows users to post updates and send replies to other users using the website or via mobile phone.
Connecting to your Twitter account via mobile allows users to tweet from their phones and receive SMS updates from users they follow. Users can also receive assistance in accessing their accounts in case of password loss.
Moreover, users have the option to choose which types of notifications they want to receive. Here are easy guidelines on how to add your mobile phone to your Twitter account via web or SMS.
Steps (via web):
- Click the Gear Icon located at the top left portion of your home page. From the dropdown menu, select Settings.
- Go to the Mobile tab located at the left portion of the page. Pick your country/region from the dropdown menu and input your mobile number. There is no need to add the leading zero or your country code.
- Users outside US will be instructed to pick their carrier after entering their mobile phone number. Choose your carrier from the dropdown menu.
- Click Activate phone to verify your mobile number.
- You will be instructed to send the word “GO” via text message to Twitter using the appropriate country-specific short code. Your Twitter code can be accessed via Twitter help center.
- Send the verification code from your mobile phone to the short code.
- After doing this, your mobile device will be added to your Twitter account.
Steps (via SMS)
- Send START via text message to your Twitter code.
- You’ll receive a reply instructing you to text YES to your Twitter short code.
- Text your username to the same number. Do not use quotation marks or the symbol @.
- Send your password. Remember that your password is case sensitive.
Remember: You may also download the Twitter mobile application for Android, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, and Windows phone.