Did you know that there’s a way for you to turn off your chat to one (or a group) of your friends in Facebook without having to turn off your entire Facebook chat all together? Amazing right?
When we log-in to our Facebook account, it gives us off by letting that person know that we’re online because of our profile on the chat bar. If you’re wanting to avoid this, here’s what you need to do.
I’ll teach you how to single out one of your friends in Facebook so that you can still appear online with all of your friends, except the ones whom you chose to show your profile as offline.
How to Appear Offline From Specific People on Facebook Chat
- First you need to log-in to your Facebook account.
- You then need to look at the bottom part of the chat bar.
- You’ll see the “options” button (which looks like a gear) just between the search button (this has an icon of a magnifying glass) and the hide sidebar button (this looks like a button pointing to the right)
- Click the gear looking button or the option button
- It will then show you four clickable links. You’ll see the “Chat from Desktop”, “Chat SOunds”, “Advanced Settings…” and “Turn Off Chat”
- Please click advanced settings
- A pop-up will then appear with three radio buttons.
- Please select “Turn on chat for all friends except…”
- Under that selection, you can see a box. Please type in the name of the person who you don’t want your chat status to show as “online”. Note that once you start typing, it’ll show suggestions based on the letters that are already typed. Just click your “friends profile” once it auto-populates.
- You can type in several names on the box so you aren’t limited to hiding yourself from just one “friend”.
This helps you avoid the people whom you want to avoid. Follow these steps and your profile will be hidden from the people whom you want to hide it from.