Instagram has become the choice of many people for photo sharing because of its special and amazing photo effects that enhances beauty of every picture, which makes them look as if they have been captured by a professional. Sharing can be done from Instagram to other social sites easily by connecting them with each other. Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter accounts can be connected to the Instagram with ease.
Meanwhile, Tumblr has gained much popularity even before, as a micro-blogging website. Numerous people are using it daily because they can share a lot of things – photos, quotations, videos, etc. One of its best offers is the feature to share on Tumblr the photo you uploaded on Instagram. By making simple changes on the settings, a picture can be shared on different social media accounts in one click.
To get the benefit of direct sharing of pictures to Tumblr follow these instructions:
- Install Tumblr on your device and sign in to your account.
- Open your Instagram account and connect your Tumblr account, to do this:
- Click on the ‘Profile’ button on your Instagram home feed.
- Click on ‘Settings’ (the gear-like icon below the battery percentage).
- On the Preferences panel, the ‘Share Settings’ can be found on the first choice.
- You will now see buttons for other social networking sites. Click on ‘Tumblr’, and then you will be asked to enter your username and password.
As shortcut method for iOS users:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your device.
- Find ‘Tumblr’ on the list of apps installed.
- Turn on ‘Instagram’ to allow it to connect to your Tumblr account.
If you are unable to link to your Tumblr account and can’t share the picture there, follow these steps:
- Share the photos by using the “…” button. This button is present just below the picture you have uploaded on Instagram.
- After clicking it, select Tumblr (if your account is connected to other social networks, it will be showing more sharing options).
Other things you need to know:
- However, it depends entirely to the user if they want to share it to Tumblr or limit it to Instagram.
- The people who can see the pictures on your Instagram account can be restricted; however, when you share it to Tumblr, the photos will be available for public viewing.
If you are unable to connect, check your internet connectivity. Tumblr or Instagram may also be facing any temporary issues, but will get resolved in a few hours for sure. You may also try to delete and reinstall the applications. If the problem doesn’t resolve after many hours, you should contact the Tumblr support team then, to enjoy this amazing service offered by Instagram.