When you create an account on Facebook, you will be asked to enter your contact details and personal information in your profile. This enables your friends to get your details easily just by viewing your Timeline in case they need it. You can also gain access to the contact information of your friends.
However, some of you may not be comfortable sharing your contact infos even with your Facebook friends since as some people may misuse your contact information and cause great inconvenience to you.
How to make your contact info private on the new Facebook Timeline 2013:
- Log into your account and view your Facebook Timeline.
- Click on the ‘About’ option beside your profile picture.
- Scroll a little bit and you should see the Contact Information section. Click the ‘Edit’ button.
- You will see all the contact information that you have provided including your email(s), mobile phones, IM screen names, Address and website URL(s).
- Look to the right of each such option and you will see a drop down arrow. Click the arrow and a menu will appear with the following options: Public, Friends, Friends Except Acquaintances, Only Me and Custom. You can select any of the these options as per your requirements.
- If you don’t wish anyone to see your contact information, select the Only Me option.
- You can also keep your contact information among your friends by selecting the Friends or Friends except acquaintances option.
In this way, you can hide your contact information from strangers and prevent them from gaining access to your personal information. Only the people that you have allowed can view your contact information.