If you have set-up your business in a Facebook personal page, now there’s a way to convert it to a business page. The process consists of two major steps- 1.) downloading your timeline information 2.) business page migration. Learn more by reading this article.
Steps (Downloading your Timeline information)
You need to download all important content of your timeline prior to business page migration. Other than your profile picture and friends, no other content will be transferred to your business page after migration so make sure to secure your timeline information. Facebook may not be able to store all of your data since you joined Facebook as they store different data for different time periods.
- Click the gear icon found at the top right portion of your page.
- Select Account Settings.
- In the left panel of your page, select General.
- At the bottom of your page, click Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Press Start my archive.
When you download, you will be able to get the following files:
- Contact details, groups and interests.
- Friend list
- Images and videos you uploaded to your account
- Content which you and your friends posted in your timeline
- Events to which you RSVP’d
- Notes you made
- Received and sent messages
- Comments on your timeline posts, contents and images which you or your friends made
Steps (Business page migration):
This step allows you to move your profile photo and friends to your business page.
- Click this link www.facebook.com/pages/create.php?migrate to begin transferring your profile to business page.
- Choose on whether you want to set your page as local business, company, brand, public figure, entertainment or community.
- Assign your page admins.
When you migrate:
- Your account’s username will be used as the page’s username. This means you will be able to log in using the same email address and password.
- Similarly, the name associated with your personal account will be used as the Page’s name. You have the option to change the name of your page.
- All your confirmed friends will be converted as fans of your page.
- Your current profile image will be set as your Page’s image.
- You will still be the admin of Facebook pages you managed using your personal account.
- You will be removed as the admin of apps and groups you handled using your personal account.