Undeniably, you cannot ignore the power of social media when it comes to growing your business. For this reason, you need to use Facebook to create a better online image of your brand. Facebook allows business owners to create their own business page within the popular social media website. Think of your Facebook business page as a “virtual office” where you can engage your potential and real customers.
What are custom tab images?
Before I give you the step-by-step procedure of creating a custom tab image on your business page, you need to learn some terminologies.
First the custom tab image is synonymous with the Facebook fan page tab. It is sometimes also referred to as “thumbnails”, “apps”, and “icons”. The custom tab images are found below your cover photo. By default, your custom tab images include “Timeline”, “About”, “Photos”, “Likes”, and “More”.
Please note that Facebook is not the one who really creates these tab images. You need a third-party developer to install it for you. These third-party developers have collaborated with Facebook and so their tab images can readily be installed on your Facebook page for just a matter of 5 seconds. This is the main reason that tab images are also called “apps” because you are actually installing an application to your Facebook page.
How to Create Custom Tab Images
There are a lot of custom tab images to choose from. Some are free while others are paid. If you are still learning how to create a custom tab image, I suggest that you experiment by using free custom tab images first.
So for the purpose of our discussion, let us try to install the Twitter tab image. Follow these simple steps.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- For now, make sure you are using your personal Facebook account and not your business page admin account.
- Click the search tab. Type, “Twitter tab”. As you type, the search tab will provide you with different suggestions. You should only choose a search result that specifically say that it is an app. You can know this when you read the subtitle of the search result. It must read “App” and beside it, you will find the number of monthly users.
- After clicking your desired result, a new page will appear. In this page, you can either select the Install Application! button or the Community Page Click the first button to continue.
- By this time, you need to select the Facebook business page you want the Twitter tab to be installed in. Once you have chosen the business page, click the “Add Page Tab” button.
- Wait for 5 seconds.
- You now have a Twitter custom tab image below your cover photo. If you can’t find it, just click the “More” tab.
- You can also manage your tabs and re-arrange their order. Simply click the “More” tab and select “Manage Tabs”.
Now that you know how to add a custom tab image, your business will have a better chance of thriving on social media websites. Of course, the success of your website will defend on how well you are able to use the custom tab images. If you really want to take this seriously, take some time in exploring the different paid custom tab images as well. There are a lot of awesome custom tab images out there, waiting to be discovered!