A fan page on Facebook (a.k.a Facebook Business Page) is a great means of promotion for your business as you can get a huge audience with ease. You can add attractive photographs and interesting content to make your page more appealing.
Here’s How to Setup a Facebook Business page:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- In your Homepage you will notice the ‘Create a page’ option on the left side of your screen. Click on it. If there’s none, Simply click here or go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/ for an easy access.
- You can select from 6 options to create a page as per your requirements. The options are: ‘Local Business or Place’, ‘Entertainment’, ‘Cause or Community’, ‘Company, Organization or Institution’, ‘Brand or Product’ and ‘Artist, Band or Public Figure’.
- Whenever you select any option, you will notice a text box mentioned as ‘Choose a category’ followed by a drop down arrow. Click on the arrow.
- Select the appropriate category and enter the name of your business/fan page.
- Tick on the checkbox to agree with the Facebook page terms and click “Get Started” button.
- Fill up the form to setup your page (you may also skip and edit later if you wish) and you’re done!
Guide on Setting Up Your Fan Page:
You will be asked to add a description, website URLs, profile picture, your unique Facebook web address, and enabling ads. Now let’s see what these are exactly for. Here’s a screenshot:
- Adding Description + Website URLs: Adding appropriate and relevant description will definitely help improve the ranking of your page in search.
- Uploading a profile picture: You wouldn’t want a boring profile right? Adding a photo related to your niche will make your page a little more interesting! You can either upload the picture from your computer or import it from another website.
- Creating a unique Facebook username (a.k.a. Facebook web address): Adding a unique username would make it easier for people to access your organization or business on Facebook. Here’s my unique fan page URL: https://www.facebook.com/officialtwelveskip – short and easy to remember, right?
- Enabling Ads: Now you will be asked to enable ads. Ad is a great way to fund your page and increase your audience.
- All done! You will find several options on your page. Go through all of them and choose the option that is beneficial for your page.