With millions of users, Facebook has become a forerunner in the field of promotions. You can create an event on your birthday and invite your friends. Facebook also allow users to promote their business events. Users can increase the exposure of their events by making them public. In this way, anyone who searches for the event can gain information about it. Attractive images, relevant content, videos and links will surely add to the popularity of your event.
This event feature is a great tool for fast promotion. In case your task is accomplished, you may wish to remove your event. Facebook allow users to delete the events created by them. Here are the steps to accomplish this task:
- Log into your Facebook account and click on the event that you have created located on the left of the screen.
- Go to the event.
- Now you will notice four options on the top of your screen. The options are ‘Events’, ‘Invite friends’, ‘Edit’ and a drop down arrow.
- Click on the drop down arrow.
- Now you will see several options, click on the ‘Cancel event’ option.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen stating this: “Are you sure you want to cancel this event? This cannot be undone”.
- Below the message you will find two options ‘Yes’ and ‘No’.
- Click on ‘Yes’.
If you decide to cancel your event, just follow the simple steps stated above and cancel your event with ease.