The Facebook fanpage feature is a great business tool to promote your brand and connect with your customers. However, there may be instances when you need to get rid of your Facebook fanpage. There could be several reasons for this, such as having a duplicate page, difficulty in managing the page, or choosing a wrong username which you can’t change anymore. Whatever reasons you may have, think carefully before making the big decision as the action is permanent. Here’s a simple guide on how to delete your Facebook fanpage.
- Go to your Facebook fanpage and access the Admin Panel.
- Click Edit Page, then from the dropdown menu click Edit Settings.
- You will be directed to the Manage Permissions tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Just above Save Changes, press Permanently delete + name of fanpage.
- Press delete.
- Click Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- Once you delete a page, the action is irreversible. You will not be able to get it back.
- Instead of deleting, you have the option the unpublish the page. This means only page admins can see the page.