With Facebook page, business-owners can market their products and services in the social network. Photos are popular medium of interaction in Facebook. In order to make photos more viral, Facebook has enabled photo tagging on business pages. This feature enables fans to tag their names as well as their friends’ on a photo you uploaded on your page. As a result, this feature allows you to gain more fans by increasing the exposure of your photos. This is very useful especially if you are running a contest on your page. Here’s a tutorial on how to enable photo tagging for photos uploaded to your page.
Steps (via Manage Permissions tab):
- Click Edit page at the top right portion of your Admin Panel. From the dropdown menu, select Edit Settings. This will automatically lead you to Manage Permissions tab located in the left sidebar.
- Tick the checkbox beside Tagging Ability. This will allow people to tag photos you posted.
- Click Save Changes.
Steps (via Apps tab):
- Go to Admin Panel and click Edit Page.
- From the Edit page dropdown menu, choose Edit Settings.
- On the left sidebar, click Apps.
- Under Photos, click Go to App.
- Tick the checkbox beside Tagging Ability.
- Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- Once you enable photo tagging on your page, fans can tag themselves, friends and other pages on the photos you uploaded.
- The photo tagging feature is disabled by default.
- In order to tag yourself in the photo you uploaded, remember to log in as yourself and not as your page.
- The maximum number of tags is 50 on a photo.
- You have the option to remove tags in your photos.
- You also have the option to allow fans to tag your page in their photos.
- Facebook does not allow ad networks or third party applications to use your photo or name in ads.