The chat bar is an important tool in Facebook. It keeps us updated on whom of our friends are online thus, giving us a chance to talk to them. Because it updates real time, we get notified in an instant when our friends are online.
But what if the chat bar is doing you more harm than good? What if because of the chat bar, you’re not able to do the things that you’re supposed to be doing because you get easily distracted? If you’re in this kind of situation right now, allow me to help you in solving the problem.
I’ll teach you how to hide the entire chat bar on Facebook. It’s really easy but if incase you don’t know how to do it, then simply follow these steps.
How to get rid of the Chat Box on Facebook
- Log in to Facebook and look at the bottom right part of the page.
Just beneath the chat bar you’ll see an “arrow shaped” icon that’s pointing to the right. Click this icon and the entire chat bar will be hidden. And that’s that!
Here’s another way to hide the entire chat bar.
- Notice the “bar” that divides the ticker and the chat bar
- You have to click on that bar and drag it all the way to the bottom.
- If you don’t see the dividing bar, then you probably aren’t seeing the ticker as well since the entire right side of your page if crammed with the chat bar. In this case, notice the top most part of your chat bar.
- You’ll see the dividing bar at the top most part of your chat bar. Click it and drag it all the way to the bottom of the page.
- Once you’re done dragging the dividing bar, that should fill the entire right side of your page with the ticker and you won’t see your chat bar.
Although the chat bar is supposedly helpful, if you find it annoying then don’t put up with it. You can hide the chat bar and just open it back up when you need to use it. Just follow the tips and you’ll never be distracted with the chat bar again. Hope this helps!