The Recent Post by others box, located on the upper right hand corner of your Facebook page, gives a snapshot of the posts created by your fans. It includes images, testimonials, complaints and links from fans. However, it may also display unnecessary promotions from other pages. As a result, it consumes too much space in your page and may clutter up your page. You can manage these posts by hiding the box.
- Access your Facebook page, then click Edit page found at the top right portion of your Admin Panel.
- Pick Edit Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the Post Visibility portion, uncheck Show the box for “Recent post by Others” on top of + Pages name.
- Press Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- You have the option to review posts in your timeline before they are shown.
- You may also choose to turn off the ability for users to post on your timeline.
- Users will still be able to view posts about how their friends interacted with your Facebook page.