Since Instagram has been growing, it’s hard to trust people nowadays. So it would be best to make your profile limited to keep your photos private.
Please note that this won’t hide your “profile” info such as your about me, your followers count, and photo count. This will only hide your PHOTOS. So if you want to avoid someone completely, it’s better to block them instead.
Here’s how you can set your Instagram profile to private:
PS: Please make sure your Instagram App is up-to-date.
A. Setting Your Instagram Photos to Private on iPhone/iPad:
- You will need to view your profile first then click “Edit Your Profile”, located beside your profile photo.
- Tap the OFF button to turn it ON, which is located beside the “Photos Are Private”. Here’s an example screenshot:
- You’re all set!
B. Make Your Profile Private on Android Devices/Samsung Galaxy:
- Log on to your Instagram. View your profile.
- Tap “Edit Your Profile option beside your default profile picture.
- Tick the check box to add a checkmark beside the “Photos Are Private”. It should look like this:
- Tap the green “Save” button and you’re done!