Youtube users often encounter inappropriate comments on the videos they uploaded. Good news is you can take control of this. Here are easy steps on how to disable or review comments before they are posted.
Steps (Disable comments):
- Locate the Upload button at the top of your Youtube homepage then click the arrow next to it.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Select Video Manager.
- Under the video you want to manage, click the Edit button.
- Press Advanced Settings.
- You may now adjust your preferences under Comments.
- Hit Save once done.
Steps (Review comments before they are posted):
- Press the arrow beside the Upload button on your Youtube homepage.
- Click Video Manager from the dropdown menu.
- Press the Edit button under the video you want to manage.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Under Allow comments, choose Approved.
- Press Save.
Things you need to know:
- When you require approval for comments before they are posted, you will receive a notification via email.
- You may also view pending comments by pressing your username found at the top right portion of your homepage. Simply press Inbox then click Comments found at the left portion of the page.
- You may also manage settings for all your videos. To do this, access your Upload defaults through this link www.youtube.com/account_defaults. Adjust your preferences on comments and responses.