Page admins have the option to publish or unpublish fan pages on Facebook. While published pages are visible to the public, unpublished pages can only be seen by admins. This feature is very useful for admins in the process of creating or setting up a fan page. Once you are ready to show your page to the public, you have the option to publish it any time. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to unpublish your fan page on Facebook.
- Click Edit Page found at the top of your page.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Edit Setting.
- Click Page Visibility.
- Tick the checkbox beside Unpublish page.
- Press Save Changes.
Things you need to now:
- As page admin, you can unpublish your page anytime.
- You can make your page visible again. To do this, follow steps 1-3, then click the checkbox for Publish page.
- If your page receives no likes for 30 days, it will automatically be unpublished.
- You may only unpublish a page via desktop computer.