Setting a unique username for your Facebook page makes it easier for people to find you or your business from the Internet. You get a long generic Facebook URL by default, like facebook.com/pages/pagename/01234567, but you can change this to something shorter like facebook.com/pagename – looks more professional and easier to remember, right?
- View your Facebook page.
- Click the Edit Page from the top of your Page.
- Click on Update Info.
- From the Page Address section, click on Change web address?
- Enter your preferred username containing alphanumeric characters only (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”). Just keep in mind that the usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can’t contain generic terms. Then click the Check Availability box.
- Once the desired username is available, click Confirm to save the new username.
Things You Need to Know:
- You cannot claim somebody else’s username as your own.
- These usernames are also not transferable or easily changed since they can be changed only once.
- Your chosen username must have to abide by the Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Facebook policy requires at least 25 Likes or more to get your username registered.