Fans can have more interaction with the admins of a page via messaging option. Through this feature, page admins can have one-one-one conversations with fans opening a whole new level of relations in the social network.
Although the messaging option allows more engaging communication between the two parties, it can also be a source of conflict. For instance, some page admins may find it difficult to respond to all messages. Furthermore, if this feature is not handled well, it can give a bad image to your business.
You can actually disable the messaging option by removing the message button on your Facebook page.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to your page’s Admin panel.
- Click Edit page, then Edit settings.
- Click Messages, which is located on the left panel of the page.
- Uncheck Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button.
- Click Save Changes.
Things you need to know:
- Only the page admin has the ability to disable the messaging option.
- By disabling the message button, your fans will no longer see the message button on your Facebook page. As a result, they can’t start a conversation with you through private messaging.
- You can enable the message button anytime you wish to. To do this, repeat steps 1 to 4, then check the Show message button on + Name of Page, then Save Changes.