If you find a user posting inappropriate contents on Pinterest, you can now report this person. The social media may restrict the use or disable the reported person’s account if he or she is found to have violated Pinterest’s Acceptable Use Policy or Terms of Service. Here’s a walkthrough on how to report a person on Pinterest.
Steps (on desktop):
- Input the name of the user you wish to report on the search field. This can be found at the top left portion of your Home feed.
- Hover over the flag icon at the user’s profile. This is located at the right of the profile information.
- Pick the reason for your report. You may choose from the following options: spam, nudity or pornography, graphic violence, actively promotes self-harm, attacks a group or individual, hateful speech or symbols. If your reason is not included among the choices, you can indicate it by clicking Other.
- Confirm that you wish to report a pin.
Steps (on iPad and iPhone):
- Access the user’s Pinterest profile.
- Tap the flag at the top-right portion.
- Press Report.
Steps (on Android):
- Go to the user’s Pinterest profile.
- Press About located at the tab bar.
- Go to the bottom of the page then tap Report. This can be found beside the flag icon.
- Include your reason for reporting the user.
Things you need to know:
- You also have the option to report a pin or comment. According to Pinterest, it is best to report pins so they go over the particular inappropriate content. However, if the user’s profile has a lot of inappropriate content, it is better to report the person.
- When you report a user, the Pinterest team will review their account information. This means you will still be able to access their account, pins, board and comments.
- The reported user will not get any notification or information about who reported him or her. They will still be able to use their Pinterest account.