Civic consciousness is important if we are to better our society. If and when the time comes when you feel that someone is being very offensive or reckless with what they are doing on Facebook, you should definitely report it to Facebook.
Simply commenting and telling the other person how distasteful what he or she is doing just simply isn’t enough. In order for you to see results, you need to report it to Facebook’s admin.
How exactly do you report a profile you might ask?
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Log in to your Facebook.
- Go to the page or person’s timeline by clicking their name.
- Once you’re on their account, you then need to click the drop-down arrow beside the “Message” button. To be more specific, click the gear icon then have to click “Report/Block” option (if you’re looking at a personal profile).
- You will then see several options then you have to choose “Submit a Report”.
- Choose whether you want to report the person’s account or the content that he/she posted.
- Click the “Confirm” button and choose from the succeeding buttons that follow.
After following these steps, the other person’s profile will be reported to Facebook’s admin.
There might be times when you’ll feel that reporting is useless since you don’t really see any immediate results. Although the results aren’t in-fact immediate, I urge you to keep on reporting even still. If people follow your lead, it’ll just be a matter of time before the other persons account gets banned due to too many people reporting it.
That said, let’s continue doing what we are doing and we’ll eventually see results. Don’t ever let anything distract you from your morals and your obligation to the society.