If you have some content on your page that should be restricted to some age limits, this step-by-step tutorial will guide you.
- Go the Edit Page option present on the top right side of your page.
- When you click this option, drop down menu will appear, on which you can find “Edit Settings”. Click “Edit Settings” and it will lead you to new page.
- On that page, you will find an option of “Age Restrictions”. When you click “Age Restrictions” you can select the age limits from any of these ages:
- Anyone (13+)
- People 17 and over
- People 18 and over
- People 19 and over
- People 21 and over
- Scroll down and click “Save Changes” to save your new settings.
Other things you need to know:
- When you apply age restriction on your page, all persons below the age limit you selected will be automatically deleted. For example, if you restrict your page for children under 18, all the people below this age limit will be deleted from your page likes. The page will only be viewable and likeable again when they reach 18.
- The settings can be changed any time you want, but once a person is deleted, he/she cannot be added back to the page likes until they like the page again.
- Once the audience is lost because of the changes in the age restriction, their will is needed again to be your page liker.
Limiting the audience on Facebook is very easy and useful. It is the obligation of adults to take care what should be seen by children and what not. Facebook age restriction is really a good initiative that can make social networking sites a safe place for young minds also.
Also, you can change it whenever you want to. It is entirely up to the page owner what to select.It is wise to think thoroughly before you apply for age limitations.