Each time you’re tagged on a photo, liked or commented on an Facebook update such as photos or status. You receive notifications when another person add a comment or like the update. So if you want to turn off unwanted notifications from an specific update, do the following steps:
- Go to that person’s update
- Then click “Unfollow Post”
- Click “Unfollow” button to confirm, and you’re finished!
- In the upper left corner of your homepage, click the notifications icon
- Hover on the update you don’t want to receive comments from and click the “x” (unfollow) button.
- Click “Turn Off” or “Unfollow” button to confirm, and you’re finished!