The photo-tagging feature of Instagram is an easy way to grab attention of your friends with the photo that you like most, or to tell them that they have a photo with you in your profile. Instagram location tags are also a great way to show your aesthetically beautiful photos.
Any Instagram user can enjoy this new photo-tagging feature. This Instagram-tagging feature is very much similar with Facebook tagging, and for making this feature more convenient – all the photos in which you are tagged will appear in the new tab named as “Photo of you”.
These Photos of You can easily be browsed on your Instagram profile, just like other photos.
On Instagram, whenever you add a photo, you will be asked to add a tag if you want to. If you wish to tag your friends who are Instagram users, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Tap the “Add People” on the share screen. Click on the area or people in the photo. A small tag box will appear on the screen, which will ask “Who’s this”. This tag can be dragged to anywhere in the photo if the first tap was done at a wrong place.NOTE: When you start typing the name or username, you will get name suggestions of your followers.
- Select the person from the drop down list if you find them there. If not, you can add any one manually. Any person on Instagram can be tagged.
- You can continue tagging people by this way to any new photo you have added.
To add tags to the photos that you have uploaded before:
- Select the photo you want to tag.
- Click “…” beneath photo and add people in the way mentioned above.
Other things you need to know:
- Whenever you tag people, they will receive a notification about the tagging, and it is up to them if they want to keep that tag or remove it.
- To make this feature more flexible for every user, Instagram allows the person to remove the tag if he/ she do not like the tagged picture. If you turn on the approval settings, then every image in which you are tagged can be checked before they appear in your “Photo of You” section. Because of this feature, you can control what should be or what should not be appearing on your profile.
- To make sharing photos more fun and safe on Instagram, the tagging can only be done by the real picture owner. Not everyone can tag that photo so it is entirely dependent on the person who uploaded the picture.
- Before using this new feature, upgrade to Instagram version 3.5 if you want to avail this service on your Android devices or iPhone.