Facebook has introduced a new method in helping you recover your account. If you’re having trouble accessing your Facebook account, the Trusted Contacts feature will help you solve this problem. Through this feature, you can personally choose three to five contacts you really trust to help you get back your account. You may ask your Trusted Contacts to assist you when you’re having trouble logging in to your account. Each of your trusted contacts has a security code with instructions that can help you in regaining access of your account. Get the three codes and use this to re-access your Facebook account. Here’s a simple tutorial on how to set-up your Trusted Contacts on Facebook.
- Access your Account settings by clicking the gear icon on the top-right portion of your homepage.
- After choosing Account settings from the dropdown menu, press Security on the left tab.
- Click Trusted Contact.
- Press Choose Trusted Contact and input at least three contacts.
- Press Close.
Thing you need to know:
- Aside from Trusted Contacts, you may also answer security questions or fill out web forms to recover your account.
- If you think your Facebook account is compromised, simply go to this link-> www.facebook.com/hacked
- If you choose to remove previous Trusted contacts, they can no longer help you recover your account.