Choosing the right username can affect how others see not only you but your blog as well.
Whether it is a personal Tumblr page or a fan page, the name that you choose can either increase your number of viewers or send people away from it.
Regardless of the two, the goal is to attract positive attention – and using a good username is the best way to get people to look at your content.
It could be in the case of a personal blog, but the name no longer applies to you. After all, the name that you created years ago may not match how you talk or post who you are now.
No matter what the reason for the change of Tumblr username is, knowing how to do it will always be a great help in times of need. The steps are to follow:
- Visit the Tumblr webpage and log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘Tumblr Dashboard’ and click on the name of your blog.
- Next, click on ‘Blog Settings’ which can be found on the right side of your PC screen.
- Find the ‘URL Section’ and delete your unwanted Tumblr name.
- Now, type in your new Tumblr username in the URL box.
- Scroll down and save the changes you made.
Now that you have saved the new settings, your new Tumblr URL username will be in affect.
Other things you need to know:
- By changing your Tumblr URL username, all the previous posts you made on your page is changed to match your new URL. This means that a person will not be able to find you with your old username.
- During these cases, Tumblr allows you to create a second blog where you can use your old URL username. This way, you can easily direct your viewers since you only use one account but two usernames. To do this, you should:
- Go to ‘Customize Appearance’ and edit the HTML by replacing the whole line of codes with this: