Facebook pages have been a great medium of networking. Those pages are there either to entertain you and share some information, or to sell and advertise some products. It is likely for every user to own a Facebook page that they manage themselves.
But there are times when admins see page suggestions that are similar to their own page and most likely, the admins would want to turn those off. This article will go through some easy and illustrative procedures and once you have done accordingly, you will not be able to see similar page suggestions.
- First of all you need to go to the page that you administrate. Once you are in the page, on the top of the screen you will see several tabs. In the second tab of the top-right corner, you will get ‘Edit Page’ button. Click on it.
- A pop up menu will drop out and it will include several other options. In the second option, you will find ‘Edit Settings’. Click on it.
- You will then be directed to the settings directory of your page. In the left side toolbar in the first option, you will see ‘Your Settings’. Click on the button.
- Once you click it you will be taken to a new page and there will be four options that you can manage about your page basing on your preference. On the first check box, it is ‘Similar Page Suggestion’. The box will be checked as it is by default. You need to uncheck it in order to complete the task. So click on the box beside the tab.
- Now scroll down and select Save Changes option in order to bring effect to your new management.
Other things you need to know:
- Now you have made sure that you do not get similar page suggestion like that of your own page anymore. By doing these steps, you also make sure that the other similar pages like yours will also not get recommendations of your page.
- The procedures are well elaborated and is quite easy to follow thus there won’t be any complexities when carrying out the task.
Managing a page and getting a hit over the whole Facebook community is a tough job. There are several problems that an admin may come across when they are administrating a Facebook page. There are many nooks and corners that Facebook has hidden under the hood and everyone may not be aware of those facts, tips and tricks.