Youtube users can now upload videos longer than 15 minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to access this feature on Youtube.
- Access Youtube’s upload page or visit this link www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload
- At the bottom of the page, you will be able to view Want to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. Press Increase your limit located next to it.
- You will automatically be redirected to Account verification page. To verify your account, simply select your country and mode of verification code delivery ( via automated call or text verification). Choose the language you prefer and input your mobile number. Hit Submit at the lower right portion of the page. Finalize the verification process by entering your 6-digit verification code then press Submit.
- You will automatically be redirected to the Accounts Feature page of your Youtube Account. You may now upload videos longer than 15 minutes. This should be indicated at the Accounts Feature page of your account just beside Longer Videos option.
Things you need to know:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of your browser to enable you to upload files more than 20GB.
- If you can’t locate the Increase your limit link, there’s a possibility that your Longer videos feature is already enabled. To verify, check your Accounts Feature page.
- You need to have a good standing on Youtube Community Guidelines to be able to upload a longer video.
- If you’re having difficulty in uploading a video, do check it for copyright claims and strikes.
- If you are uploading a long video and have not verified your account, you will be asked to verify it after the uploading process. Simply click the Verify account button beside the video then publish it by pressing Activate this video in your video manager. Take note that it will be automatically set to private so don’t forget to adjust the privacy options if you need to.