Because of the introduction of fanpage, business-owners can now promote or advertise through Facebook. It’s a great way to interact with fans and customers in the social network since you can share products and services through this page. Facebook has added a new feature which can bring business pages closer to their fans- via private messages.
This feature opens a whole new level of customer service as it allows personal communication with individual clients on Facebook. Moreover, it reduces communication loss and off-topic comments on Facebook fanpage. It allows users to have one-on-one conversations by responding to fan’s messages, answering their query and asking for feedback. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to view messages on your Facebook fanpage.
Steps: (On your Admin Panel)
- Go to your Admin Panel. You will get a notification in your Admin Panel if you received a private message.
- Click See all in Messages section.
- View and respond to the message.
Steps (On your Page)
- Go to your Facebook fanpage.
- Click the Message icon on the upper left side of your page. A red bubble will show the number of messages you received. You may also click the Messages tab at the left sidebar of your fanpage.
- Check and reply to the message.
Things you need to know:
- You may only send messages to contacts who sent you a private message. Thus, you cannot create nor start your own message unless they messaged your page first.
- Keep your responses relevant as people can move your message to their Other folder.
- Facebook has set limits to prevent abusive annoying or behaviour. This includes unsolicited messages.
- You have the option to turn off the private message setting of your fanpage.
- The ability to send a message to your guest list is no longer available. Instead, you may post announcements on your event’s wall to keep your guests updated.