Blogging is truly a dynamic aspect of the World Wide Web.
It is never static and dramatically changes over time. For once, blogging is widely known as writing text content and turning your ideas into words. But now, blogging includes the use of video; thus, the birth of Vlog or video blogging.
Vlog is quite interesting…
More and more people are now turning to Vlog as it is seen as more attractive to viewers and even more interesting compared to written words. In this article, let us take a good look at Vlog and why it is beginning to take over the blogosphere.
What is Video Blogging?
Obviously, video blogging is the use of videos to convey one’s message instead of settling with just the traditional way of blogging.
In some cases, most video bloggers will also include a transcript of their video blog so that people can read and watch the blog at the same time.
Most video blogging can be found in social media networking sites such Facebook, MySpace, Vine, Instagram, Flickr, and other websites that are capable of video sharing. Some video bloggers are also able to upload videos on their personal blogging website. As this might be the case, the most popular platforms where videos are uploaded are YouTube and Vimeo.
There are different purposes that video blogging may serve. It can be for personal, business, or non-profit purposes.
The industry that most benefited from video blogging are business owners; even though, video blogging is originally meant for personal uses.
Here are some examples of video blogging:
Here’s an example of personal video blogging of Michelle Phan:
And here’s an example of tutorial vlogging of Google Business:
What Video Blogging is getting popular?
The reasons are obvious; video blogging presents many advantages over blogging with only written words. Though the growing popularity of vblog was only recent, the idea behind it has been around for many years now. The great potential of vblog is now being discovered by more and more people each day.
Here are some of the reasons people are turning to Video Blogging
- People are more interested with moving images – there is no denying that people are more interested with videos over texts that they need to read. They want instant access to information and they recognize that they will acquire this faster from video blogs.
- Vlogs are perfect for business owners – videos can give viewers a visual image of what your business is all about. Videos will enable you to showcase the strengths of your business in a dramatic and creative way.
- Vlogs are more credible – people will see you actually do the talking (or whatever the nature of your blog) which can build credibility. Of course, blogging may include your photo or gravatar, but vlogs are more dramatic in convincing people that you are someone whom they can trust.
- Billion of people are into videos – according to statistics, YouTube has over a billion people visiting their site within a month. Now that is only YouTube and not including other video-sharing enabled sites. With this figure in mind, it is not difficult to see how much exposure you can get from vlogging.
- Videos are more effective in conveying a message – when you use text, people can read that in different tone. In some cases, the same words may mean differently from one person to another. They can read your blog, but they do not know how you will say these words if given the chance. In vlogs, you can add emphasis, facial expressions, hand gestures, and body languages on your spoken words.
These are just some of the reasons people are getting into video blogging. Choosing not to vblog means you are missing a great opportunity. Vblog is tremendously advantageous and can present you remarkable benefits. Therefore, you should never miss this golden opportunity.
Some considerations in Vlogging
Like traditional blogging, there are some considerations that you need to remember to make sure that your video blogs are making more profit rather than damaging your blogging career.
First and foremost, your blog should be of high-quality, original, unique, and relevant. These are some of the fundamental elements people are looking for vblog. In addition to this, the first 5 seconds of your video are also very crucial since this will determine whether your viewer will stay or hit the dreaded x button.
You need to upload video blogs in a regular basis as well to maintain and gain momentum. Be updated and always provide fresh content for your followers.
Vlogging is really fun and exciting. Unlike blogging, you will be able to add additional elements on your video such as images, music, visual aids, and more. When these elements are perfectly played out together, who knows, you might become the next YouTube sensation!