Do you need a WordPress theme for your food blog or site? If you do, then these beautiful food-oriented themes may help you build a food blog or cooking site that attracts hundreds to thousands of visitors each day. They’re great themes to let your readers know about the recipes you’re making, food items you’re selling, etc.
WordPress houses hundreds of themes specifically designed for food, menus and recipes. This list will present you the most attractive themes for said purpose.
1. THE RESTAURANT
It’s a WordPress theme that offers plenty of features, which are enough to give your audience a variety of content. Although it’s made for restaurant-oriented sites, you can still use it to showcase your recipes. Its newer version comes with a mobile menu, option to hide slider, and Twitter widget API.
With it you can change the theme’s entire color through its colorpicker. To further impress your visitors, you may add your own sliding menu card. You can also switch it to an eCommerce site as this theme supports Cart66 plugin.
- It includes 33 fonts.
- It has shortcodes for buttons, toggled content, Google Maps, notification boxes, columns, etc.
- This theme comes with widgets for Google Maps, featured image, latest post, line separation and latest tweet.
2. DINE & DRINK – RESTAURANT
Fee: $45 for regular license and $2,250 for extended license.
It’s a premium WP theme designed by & Themes. This is a great theme for restaurant or food/cooking blogs. Essentially, this is ideal for those who want to showcase food or latest creations. It has post images and video embeds that let you share and display your food pictures and videos.
If you know how to code, you can add CSS to include custom recipe and ingredients to automatically create a recipe list on your site. Although this is perfect for restaurant websites, there are several customization options so you can use it with anything.
- It’s a responsive design that’s been built with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Purchasing this premium theme will give you access to its 5 examples of layout design and 4 color schemes.
- It also has built-in custom widgets and shortcodes.
3. CSTAR DESIGN
This is a premium WordPress Theme that includes Slider Revolution, which is a premium WordPress plugin that’s worth $15. Its latest version is a responsive design that has additional layout options, such as wide and boxed. With its capabilities, this premium theme can easily highlight what your company’s services are.
- It has 6 sliders with different editors and 6 background editors.
- It’s easy to generate codes through its built-in shortcodes.
- This includes more than 30 video tutorials to help you get the hang of it.
- It has over 500 Google Fonts or you can add your own font face.
- This is great to optimize your site as it’s SEO-friendly.
4. MODERNIZE – FLEXIBILITY OF WORDPRESS
Fee: $55 with extended license of $2,750
Although it’s designed for food or restaurant websites, you can use it for any type of website. This is perfect for experts in cooking or professional chefs. Goodlayers especially made it for people who want to showcase their recipes or menus to their loyal customers.
- It’s Woo Commerce-ready.
- It has layer slider integration that makes it easier for you to manage each slide.
- You can choose whether to go with Boxed layout or Full style.
- It also comes with a blog column layout that makes the theme more like a magazine food site.
5. LOTUS, FLEXIBLE MULTIPURPOSE & RESPONSIVE
With this multipurpose theme, you can easily showcase whatever food business you have. It’s a responsive layout that adjusts automatically to mobile and tablet views.
- This is a SEO-ready theme and it also supports translation plugins.
- It comes with customizable backgrounds and headers.
- It has unlimited page layouts, sidebars, colors and home page.
- This isn’t just for restaurant or food site but it’s also designed to cater agency, business, personal and other purposes you can think.
This is a great theme for food businesses allowing them to share all their recipes and tips for cooking with their audience. It’s not just a good-looking theme but it’s also very organized for recipes, culinary business and the like.
- It supports four-column layout.
- It’s widget-ready and it’s compatible with WordPress 3.5.
- The package includes PSD and HTML files, as well as XML demo content.
7. FOOD RECIPES
This is one of the WordPress recipe themes that supports Google Recipe View allowing search engine to better understand the content of your site. The recipes you’ll post will follow Schema.org and Microformates.
- This well-documented theme has 5 slider variations and recipe listing page.
- It has 10 custom widgets, such as weekly special widget, news and events widget, twitter, etc.
- It’s compatible with WordPress 3.7 and it supports 4 columns.
It’s a WordPress theme designed for retail and restaurant purposes. The overall design is very nice with loads of useful features that’ll make your site stand out.
9. SWEET CAKE
It’s a one-page theme for your restaurant or cooking site. Although it’s ideal for bakeries and other sweet-related businesses, you can easily change its colors to make it more appropriate for your purpose.
- It includes Revolution Slider and a home-page builder.
- It has icons that are in vector format so they won’t pixellate.
- It supports shortcode and CSS3 transitions.
10. TASTY CRUNCH
This is a clean and elegant design that allows your site to focus on your content. It’s not only perfect for food/restaurant site but it’s also ideal for health and lifestyle sites.
- It comes with multiple sliders and recipe management.
- It’s compatible with WordPress 3.5 and bootstrap 2.2.2.
- This well-documented theme includes files, such as PHP, layered PSD, and CSS.
11. ORGANIC MATTER
This highly customizable theme is perfect for online shops that offer organic foods. With its customization options, you can use it for anything.
- It supports WooCommerce, shortcodes and layer slider.
- It’s compatible with WordPress 3.7 and comes with high resolution.
- This beautiful theme has a responsive layout and it’s widget-ready.
12. PERSONAL WORDPRESS
It’s a theme for a personal blog but you can use it to showcase your recipes or favorite foods. This is easy to modify and set up so it’ll be up in running in minutes.
- It’s compatible with the latest software of WordPress.
- It comes with unique colors and it includes .mo and .po files for translation purposes.
- This theme also supports shortcodes to improve your site’s functionality.
This is a fully responsive blog that can adapt to any screen size. It’s great if you’re just starting your food blog.
- It comes with custom page templates.
- It includes unique layout that can be customized.
- It provides advanced theme framework options.