Displaying a list of “Related Posts” on your posts will help increase reader engagement on your site. It’s a great way to increase page views, and decrease bounce rate a.k.a. increase the amount of time spent on your blog.
In this post, you will learn how to display related posts with images at the bottom of your posts using the Zemanta plugin. Here’s how it will look like:
Here are features I love about this plugin:
- It allows you to manually add related posts.
- You can change the number of posts being displayed beneath each post.
- You can change the style/theme for the related posts area.
- The layout is responsive! It shows properly on any screen devices.
- You can disable thumbnails for displaying.
- You can display the number of comments per post.
- You can customize the CSS.
- You can exclude some posts from specific categories from being displayed.
How to show related posts in your WordPress blog
Step #1: Install The Plugin
- To get started, login to your WordPress.
- Select “Plugins” from the left side menu, click “Add New”.
- Search for “Related Posts”.
- Now a list of plugins will show up, you should see the plugin by Zemanta on the very first spot. Click “Install Now” Make sure the plugin is made by Zemanta. Here’s how you can make sure:
- Click “Activate Plugin” once it’s installed.
Step #2: Configure the plugin
Now you need to configure the plugin in order to match the posts to your layout. To go to the settings page, go to:
- Click “Settings” and select “Related Posts”.
- Now you can modify the plugin with the way you want to!
- Click “Save Changes” once you’re finished.